I love the end result after I clean- the actual act of cleaning- no thank you. That's why I set a timer before I clean, put on a workout outfit and get it down as quickly as possible. Apparently, "intense cleaning" can be a real calorie burn...
Researchers found that doing two hours of intense cleaning can burn about 600 calories. You only burn about half that running a 5K! Researchers used fitness trackers on participants to determine the intensity and calorie count of each task. Here’s how you can clean your way fit:
- Vacuuming for 20 minutes = 80 calories
- Cleaning the bathroom for 20 minutes = 100 calories
- Mopping for 20 minutes = 107 calories
- Cleaning windows for 20 minutes = 115 calories
- Dusting for 40 minutes = 194 calories